- 6 x Healthy Loaf Dinner Rolls (this custard recipe will fill more rolls if you wish or you could enjoy the leftovers sperately)
- Fresh Mixed Berries
- Simple Vegan Custard
- 336g silken tofu, room temperature
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (vanilla extract will not have the same flavour as whole bean products)
3 Tablespoons – melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup maple syrup (sweeten to taste)
- Pre heat oven to 180
- Prepare Easy vegan Custard (See below for recipe)
- Cut a small circle in the top of the roll and hollow out the roll.
- Apply Apricot Marmalade inside and on top of the roll using a basting brush
- Place in Oven to lightly toast rolls for 3-4 minute
- Once lightly toasted fill with Simple Vegan Custard top with Mixed Berries and your favourite edible flowers
- Dust with icing sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate and serve immediately
Simple Vegan Custard
- Add the tofu, salt, vanilla bean, cinnamon and melted coconut oil to a blander. Blend on a low speed until smooth.
- Add in 1/4 cup of the maple syrup than blend until smooth
If required add more maple syrup to achieve a sweeter custard.
Blend for another 1-3 minutes on medium to whip some air into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, place in the fridge until completely chilled, ideally at least an hour.
For a softer, more melted texture you can serve only slightly chilled.
Hint: If you want you custard to have a thinker consistency just add another 1-3 tablespoons of the melted coconut oil. This will firm up the custard quite a bit. For runnier custard, use less coconut oil.